A public information presentation entitled Making a Will won’t kill You will be held in King House, Boyle on Wednesday 11th May 2016 at 6.30pm. The presentation hosted by Roscommon Citizens Information Service (CIC), Roscommon LEADER Partnership and the Older People’s Council, is free of charge and all are welcome.
Topics covered will include:
• how to make a Will and what will happen if you don’t (on Intestacy)
• Testamentary Guardianship
• Discretionary Trusts
• availing of Tax Breaks
• Taking out probate
• providing for vulnerable relatives
• rights of other family members
• setting up Power of Attorney
• and common pitfalls and useful tips.
The seminar will be delivered by Anne O’Carroll BCL MA of Cascade Training Consultancy. Ms O’Carroll, who has won national Justice Media Awards from the Law Society for her legal journalism, has over 20 years’ experience in demystifying legal issues for the lay person through training workshops and public information presentations. The Presentation will be delivered in an accessible and jargon-free style, and promises to be highly informative. The aim is to provide clear, concise information on what practical steps to take when making a will and how best to provide for your loved ones.
There will be a Question & Answer session and information handouts will be provided.
• If you have young children, a farm or business, or are a house-owner
• or are caring for a relative who is dependent or has special needs
• and you’re worried about what will happen after you are gone,
• You need to attend this event.
For more information ring Roscommon CIC on 076 107 6380
or Boyle CIC on 076 107 6330